
One of my favorite books of all times is The Killer Angels by Michael Shaara. Shaara is a master of the historical novel. In this book he recreates the dramatic events of perhaps the most important battle in the American Civil War. Each chapter is told from the point of view of one of generals who fought in the battle, both Union and Confederate. This technique provides multiple perspectives on the events in this battle and allows you to see the events from different points of view. Exciting battlefield action, interesting and heroic characters, compelling dialogue---this book has it all. I highly recommend it. If you have read or will read it, please provide your thoughts in a comment/post.
I'm reading this book right now i'm about thirty pages in and I can't put it down!!!! Defenetly recommend this book.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear that---I thing the book is excellent, as well.
ReplyDeleteI loved that book! It's the best book about the Civil war I ever read!
ReplyDelete