Tuesday, November 2, 2010
B Block Literature Circle Discussion
Here's your opportunity to share your thoughts on the book. By Wed., Nov. 10th, you should submit a paragraph (50-100 words) on any topic related to the book. REMEMBER not to give away the ending or reveal anything to someone who hasn't read it. Possible starters: I recommend this book because...; My favorite part of this book was...; My favorite character was...; I would not recommend this book because... Click "comments" on the blog (it will actually have a number before it, depending on how many comments have been mad); a new box appears, in which you write your comment; then click "submit." It will be sent to me, and I'll grant permission for publishing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




OHHH MY GOSH!!! This book is so GOOD!! This book is about a kid named Tree and he is a kid that is 6 foot 3 1/2 inches. I would recomend this book to anyone who want to read it...so if my cousin come here next year im am going to make him read this book because it such a great book. Tree loves to play basketball. His brothers got scholorships for playing bascetball. Tree is the tallest won in the family. Trees parents are divorced for 1-2 months.
ReplyDeleteBy,
Brian Bilafer
The book That Was Then This is now is a book that has a lot of characteristics. It is funny, sad, interesting, bone chilling ECT. I love it! It is the type of book where you will most likely understand every word in the book. unlike some books with some very hard words sometimes. The reason I like it is because it’s my type of book, with action, drama, and blood. However I am just that type of person. If you are the type of person who doesn’t like action and likes more romance or something I wouldn’t recommend this book to but for the rest of you who do like those characteristics, READ THIS BOOK. You won’t regret it. It even has some characters from the famous outsiders’ book. It’s a book about tough kids in a bad neighborhood and their problems, what’s not to like.
ReplyDeleteRyan Stack
In liturature circles I read the book "That was then this is now". In this book there are many suspensfull moments wich was one of my favorite things that this book has. The book also had many interesting characters. My favorite character was Mark. I like mark because he is able to hotwire anything and he even can drive cars. I recommend this book to anyone who loves an action packed book. My favorite part was when there is a fight in the beginning of the book. I liked that part because the description that S.E Hinton used made you feel like you were actually standing right next to Mark and Bryon during the fight. Even though this was a great book and I loved it I would not recommend this book for any people who don’t like fighting, violence, Ect., But if you do not mind violence I would definately tell you to read this book
ReplyDeleteDylan Foran
I am reading the book Stand Tall. So far I am enjoying Stand Tall. There have been many exciting parts and I am enjoying all the characters. Tree (the main character) is a very tall 7th grader. He is not really accepted by all the other 7th grade boys. Sophie (the new girl) an 8th grade girl who is also not accepted by the 8th grade girls. Together they will Stand Tall against everyone else who doesn’t except them as who they are. I would definetely recommend this book to all 7th grade boys. Even though I am no even done reading it I have already appreciated this book as I would a book I have read 100 times.
ReplyDeleteBy Charles Hajjar
My favorite character in this book would be Paul because he is good at soccer and I try to be good at soccer. Paul is also inspirational because he stuggles with his vision but still plays on the soccer team ( and does rather well). Paul went to the city champs for his soccer and won. He is a champion athlete, like he said, but that is never realized because his bigger brother Eric is the star kicker for the Lake Wndsor High football team.His mother is a little too picky, on the Homeowners Association and the Architectural Commitee in Lake Windsor Downs, the complex Paul's parents forced him to move to in Tangerine, Florida.
ReplyDeleteJoe Carlyle Gr.7
The book Tangerine by Edward Bloor is a very swell book. One of my favorite parts was when Paul and his fellow team mates (War Eagles) fight the freeze to save the tangerine trees. They make many efforts to save the multiple groves of trees but they can’t save all of them. Some of the methods that they use are lighting a bon fire at the bottom of the hill so it can warm up the trees environment, freezing the trees so it will stay at 32 degrees. To all the efforts there efforts they saved all the most precious tree the Golden Dawn tangerine tree.
ReplyDeleteDeclan Leahy
I am currently reading That was Then This is Now by S.E. Hinton. It is a very fascinating book, I love it! I would reccomend this book to many readers because it is a very good book with many conflicts. I think that when more conflict is involved then the reader will be more interested. Also this book has many good reasons to read it besides conflicts. It can be a thriller, a cliffhanger that will put you to the edge of your seat full of excitement. I recommend this book to many young readers all over the country.
ReplyDeleteBrendan Welch 11/4/10
This book is pretty good so far. If you are not an every day reader it might get confusing from all that is going on in his life. It is about a boy named Tree who is over six feet tall and is in the seventh grade. He gets made fun of by the other kids and like athis girl named Sophie. This what we have read so far. It is 182 pages. It is a good book I would give it 7/10 stars. Yes, I would recommend it to someone who likes stories of peoples lives or just wants an interesting read.
ReplyDeleteBrendam McCarthy
Where the read fern grows is an interesting book filled with excitement. I would recommed t to young readers that like the outdoors . My favorite character is little ann a brave femal dog. She is a great coon hunter along with her brother old dan. My favorite seen from the book is when the tickhound that belonged to the pritchards got in a fight with old dan and little ann. This was brave because they were up against a big dog and they took him down. This amazeed me because female dogs usually dont fight. This book is amazing and i encourage you to read it.
ReplyDeletejacob pessia
I am readin thwe book Tangerine. So far I am enjoying Tangerine. In this book all of the charecters have big parts. My favorite character is Paul. Paul is considered blind. He leaves his school where they have outdoor classrooms. He goes to Tangerine middle school, and is now on the soccer team.My favorite part is when Tino stood up to Erik. When Erik came to Pauls house where the group was making a decision on the science project when Erik and Arthur showed up to tell of Pauls guests. I would recomened this book because I could never put it down when I read. I recomed this book to all that like a lot of detail.
ReplyDeleteBY: Basem Metri
I am reading the book That Was Then, This is Now. I like the book, it is filled with action and has lots of interesting situations. It is about a boy named Bryon who lives with his mom and his best friend named Mark. This book is about a bad couple weeks for them. My favorite character in the book is Bryon beacuse he wants the best for everyone. He also seems like the most interesting character out of them all. - Jake Dougherty
ReplyDeleteSo far this book is really good.This is
ReplyDeletea book about what is going on some people's lives and how they have deel with it and move on.
This book is mainly about a boy named Tree. He is a very tall person. Tree sometimes getts alot of trash from his peers.But his grandfather, who was seriusly ingerd in the legs,takes alot of pride in how he has such a unique grandson. While all of this is going on tree's parent in going through a divorce. while this is going on there is alot of rules about time with the child so tree's parent are still trying to figure this out. As the the holidays near, it seems to be like they don't even know that it si the Christmas season. also durring the book, tree meets a new friend Sofie. who is really nice. After meeting sofie, tree's basketball coach made them go to dance lessons. At first tree was a littlw up sett but then when he relized that Leslie was going he was relieved.
My favorite charactor is tree because, he id as special boy. like I said he getts alot of trach from kids and he deals with it and that is why he is my favorite charactor.
the setting of this book is in alot of places like, at school, at the basketball gym,at dance lessons, and many other places.
i really like this book and i can't wait to finish up!
Austin Coyne
My favorite character is definitely Tree. He is my favorite character because he is the most interesting. He is the most intesting because he has many different things going on in his life. For example he plays basketball because he is so tall and he does dance. He does dance with his best friend Sophie, and I think his soon to be girl friend. He has a grandfather that was in Vietnam and now has an amputaed leg. And because he is so tall and strong hecan can help hold his grandfather up as he is trying to learn how to use his new leg. This is why my favorite character is Tree. By: Joseph Forde
ReplyDeleteI would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys soccer, action, and a story with great friendship in it. The main character of this story is a kid named Paul Fisher. He moves to Tangerine Florida from Dallas Texas. My favorite character is named Joey. I like him because he is kind, and a good athlete. He also has the same name as me. AS I said before i highly recommend this book and I hope this helps you choose your next book.
ReplyDeleteBy Joey Rindini
I am reading the book Tangerine. So far I am enjoying Tangerine. In this book all of the charectors have big parts. My favorite character is Paul. Paul is considered blind. He leaves his school where they have outdoor classrooms. He goes to Tangerine middle school, and is now on the soccer team. My favorite part is when Tino stood up to Erik. When Erik came to Pauls house where the group was making a decision on the science project when Erik and Arthur showed up to tell off Pauls guests. I would recomened this book because I could never put it down when I read. I recomend this book to all that like a lot of detail.
ReplyDeleteBy.Basem Metri
That was then this is now was a phenomenal book. This talks about 2 young boys growing apart. My favorite character is Mark a young hoodlum. Hands down A+. Tjis book is 160 pages long.bets book i've ever read. This book was written by S.E Hinton.She is a great author because she really understands the teenage minds. She writes about her life and what she went through. The story takes place in Oklahoma City. The characters in the story are Mark, Bryon, Charlie, Angela Shepherd, Cathy, and M&M. This is a must read book. Another book that is great is The outsiders by S.E Hinton.
ReplyDeleteWhere the Red Fern Grows is a about a young boy named Billy who lives in the Ozark mountains of Oklahoma. This book is very intriguing and keeps you reading. One reason why this book is ecstatic is because it brings you emotion like when in the book Billy worked as hard as a machine to get his hounds which eventually he did after a copious amount of struggles. This book was also exciting and nerve racking when billy's Grandpa told him he had entered him in a coon-hunting contest this is exciting because i wanted to find out if billy would wanted to be in the competition or not and also i wanted know the results of the contest if he did it. This book is great and i would rate it 5-stars. Hope to see you reading.
ReplyDelete-James Hussey
I think Tangerine is a great book and I would recommend this book to anyone who likes mystery and drama. So far I am really enjoying the book my favorite scene has to be when Paul team the War Eagles won the soccer champion. My favorite character has to be Paul he has really inspired me to do alot of things I wouldnt do before.I hope you decide to read this book and feel like I did James Walsh
ReplyDeleteThis book is about a boy nameed Billy, who lives in a poorer family and ias thinking of getting hunting dogs. Billy finds an ad and bgins to raise money to get them. once he gets word that the dogs can be picked up, he sets out to town to recieve them. on his way beck there is a scene whee he is in a cave and a mountain lion is outside, and knows Billy is in the cave with two, vunerable, hunting dogs, i liked this part because it was very descrjiptive. it was the first part of the book that the dogs were described, and the descriptions made the dogs physical features very clear. The author makes it very clear that the boy dog (later to be named Old Dan), was a bigger, more bulky dog. he also makes it clear that his girl dog was a smaller dog, the runt of the litter, and more of a brainy dog.
ReplyDeleteJohn McDonough
Where the Red Fern Grows
ReplyDeleteIf you've ever wanted a dog, this may be the best book you ever read. The main character, Billy, shows the truest forms of patriotism, strong will, religion, and most of all, love. The whole book you want to root for him, going against the odds and pushing through. If you get at all into the book, the end will definitely bring an emotional reaction, but will then leave you with a strong sense of belief. Also, the book brings up the issuses and basically everyday life in the 1930s. As long as people love dogs, this book will be read.
-Trent Chinnaswamy
Where The Red Fern Grows is an amazing book.It is a book you do not want to put down.The author put extreme detail in the story. It was about an adventurous boy and his two dogs on a hunt. Billy is a determined boy to have the best hounds in the United States. This book takes you on a great adventure. I loved this book. I encourage people to read this book because it will be a great time. Jack Sheehan
ReplyDeleteWhere The Red Fern Grows is a great book.The author did a good job on makeing the book interesting and enjoyable.Everytime Billy was on a coon hunt chase I was on the edge of my seat.Billy was very adveturous and wanted to learn new things on each hunt.I really hope people will listen to me and read this book.
ReplyDeleteJoey Roddy