




Now that you've finished your books, share some thoughts with others. Here are some possible starters (choose one, or make up your own---remember, don't give away a key moment or the ending):
What I liked most about this story was...
What I didn't like about this story was...
My favorite character was...(and why)...
I read Stand Tall by Joan Bauer. I did not like this book very much because although it has some conflicts it seems like there is not one main problem that is solved throughout the book. If I had to choose a favorite character it would be Tree's grandfather, Leo. I like Leo because he is a character that seems as if he can get along with almost anyone, except Ms. Clitter. Although he is funny and seems like he is always having fun. He also has a serious side. He can be nice, caring, and very emotional because of his experience in war.
ReplyDeleteI read Tangerine and it's about a kid who struggles through life all because of the brother who makes it worse for him.
ReplyDeleteJEFF GAILIUS SAID....
ReplyDeleteI loved the Wedensday Wars because it shows a mix of family and school life in one thrilling comedy. If you don't believe me, read the book and find out. You try running from a pair of murderous 5 pound rats! My favorite part of the book was when Holling's (main character) dad bought a FORD MUSTANG!!!!!, just to prove a point.
Read the book to find out more.
I thought Stand Tall was a great book. It is about a boy named Tree who is really tall like me. He gets picked on because he isn't good at basketball and he's tall. My favorite part was when Sophie and Tree started being friends. Tree was very nice to make Sophie his friend because she was getting picked on by other girls because she was new. Read Stand Tall for more details
ReplyDeleteI read That Was Then This is Now and I and I have to say I was a little dissapointed. It was a great story but at the end all you can do is wish that there were just a few more chapters in the book. It is story about two
ReplyDeleteboys who, while not being blood relatives, they were raised
together and are like brothers. They live in an okay part of town but
Mark would be one of the first to pick a fight. As life begins to
change for the friends they must decide whether these new changes will
bring them together or tear them
apart.
That Was Then, This is Now by S.E Hinton was a great book, only I didn't like the ending.
ReplyDeleteI recommend this book
to everybody because it is very easy to read.
This book's meaning is
that even if it is your family member who is doing something bad, you have to stay honest, though sometimes it is very difficult.
The book I read was Peak by Roland Smith.
ReplyDeleteIt was an extremely exiting story,about a 14 year old boy named Peak.He likes to climb. He decides to summit Mount Everest,one of the tallest and most dangerous mountain in the world.
The meaning of this book was that you have to give to the people who are less fortunate than you.
I loved this book, and you can't put it down.
RASHAAD JOSEPH says---
ReplyDeleteI read Peak by Roland Smith and I thought it was pretty good.It was witty with a touch of realism and seriousness because it was put in the present when all the events in the book could happen in real life.I would most definitely recommend it to anybody who loves reality.