One of my favorite topics for pleasure reading is politics and government. I guess I'm a bit of a policy wonk, dating back to my college days when I studied government and political philosophy as an undergraduate concentration. I couldn't recommend this book highly enough. The author, a well-known and highly regarded Newsweek writer and editor, had behind the scenes access to President Obama's inner circle. This is a close-up look at the major issues of Obama's first year in office and how decisions were made. The insights are elucidative and incredibly interesting. Whether you agree or disagree with the political decision, the book provides a lesson in leadership and decision-making that is well worth the read.
Monday, July 12, 2010
The Promise---a GREAT summer read!
One of my favorite topics for pleasure reading is politics and government. I guess I'm a bit of a policy wonk, dating back to my college days when I studied government and political philosophy as an undergraduate concentration. I couldn't recommend this book highly enough. The author, a well-known and highly regarded Newsweek writer and editor, had behind the scenes access to President Obama's inner circle. This is a close-up look at the major issues of Obama's first year in office and how decisions were made. The insights are elucidative and incredibly interesting. Whether you agree or disagree with the political decision, the book provides a lesson in leadership and decision-making that is well worth the read.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment